When a family member has died, it can add insult to injury to learn that you were cut out of the will. Contesting the will is likely an initial thought. We talked to people who have filed will contests, and came up with the top 5 reasons I regret filing a will contest. The reasons are:
- I was not honest about my relationship with the decedent.
- A will contest is more stressful than I realized.
- I was not realistic about decedent’s mental and physical condition.
- I did not have a clear idea of what I was fighting over.
- I did not realize how much a will contest would cost.
For a breakdown of each of these five reasons, follow the source below.